OPPORTUNITIES AND RESOURCES
• Your children are getting most of their career information from YOU and the Internet, according to 1257 students polled in Nova Scotia. (Youth Decision Survey Report 2004)
• The three most important steps for your children to go through when deciding on a career are the following:
• For more information on how you can access training to become a career coach for your children:
(1) Contact the Department of Labour and Workforce Development to learn about Parents as Career Coaches, a three-session program offered at no cost to parents and guardians of high school students across Nova Scotia, or
(2) Call the Nova Scotia Community College Career and Transition Services Division at 902-491-3527 or log onto the website at www.nscc.ca.
Workit: A Guide to Youth Apprenticeship
This guide provides information for youth, educators and employers about apprenticeship training and youth apprenticeship.